About OP JINDAL UNIVERSITY College
ESTD.: 2014 | TYPE: Private | AFFILIATION: ugc | RECOGNITION: aicte
Founded by the Jindal Education and Welfare Society, OP Jindal University (OPJU) was set up to bring high quality education to its students based on a world class curriculum, the latest teaching methodology and committed faculty members. The multidisciplinary university aims to develop young professionals and future leaders who will not only power growth and development in the state, but also make a mark globally.
At the core of the university's philosophy and approach lies the belief that students learn best when exposed to real world situations and when nurtured through enriching interactions with practitioners and professors. We at OPJU believe that every student has innate potential that can be unlocked through quality teaching and mentorship.
Pursuit of knowledge through experience is the cornerstone of O. P. Jindal University. We aim to build an institution where students learn by doing, where real world challenges find practical solutions and innovation happens not by chance, but by design.
In pursuit of its vision, OPJU will
- Adopt an Experiential pedagogy across its programs, to make students understand the concepts and give them the ability to solve real world problems.
- Embed liberal education to develop well rounded professionals who can work at multiple levels of responsibilities.
- Leverage technology to enable teaching by faculty and practitioners from around the world.
- Partner with world leading institutions, both from academia and industry to create an eco-system to meet the needs of the steel and affiliated industries.
- Facilitate best-in-class student experiences through investment in technology, academic and residential amenities, and sports and recreational facilities.
- Create an “Industry” focused environment to foster research to solve real world problems.
- Measure success through student outcomes.
- Foster an environment of academic freedom.
- Maintain the highest standards on ethics and integrity in all its operations.
- Develop sustainable practices and concern for the environment.
- To remain accessible to all facets of society without consideration of economic status