ESTD.: 21 November 1934 | TYPE: Government | AFFILIATION: who | RECOGNITION: mci
The university was established in on 21 November 1934 as the Guangxi Provincial Medical School (广西省立医学院), and the campus was moved to in November 1949, shortly after the establishment of the People's Republic of China.
Established in 1934, the university is one of the first universities in China to accept international students into its English language medical education program, which is limited only to clinical medicine (临床医学). Foreign students on scholarship are required to study all their courses in Mandarin Chinese
The campus has a total area of 400,000 square meters, which includes teaching buildings and dormitories for Chinese students, international students and teaching staff, a library, food halls, an indoor tennis hall, a swimming pool and laboratories.
The campus is located near the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University (广西医科大学一附院), which is the largest hospital in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, and the Institute of Dentistry (口腔学院)
There are nine five-year undergraduate programs offered by the Guangxi Medical University, including clinical medicine, preventive medicine, stomatology, pharmacy, nursing, dentistry, and seven three-year college specialties including nursing, pharmacy, community medical care and cosmetology.